Do you feel inadequate or insecure? Do you second guess your ability or feel like you don't measure up? Many of us feel this way, because of the critical words we have heard during our lives. Those negative voices, of the past or present, tell us that we can't do it. That we aren't valuable.
Why do we listen to those negative voices? They are lies. God's Word tells us the truth. John 8:32 says - And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. We might say:
- I can't do anything right. - but Philippians 4:13 says: For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.
- I don't have the inner strength to do it. - but 2 Corinthians 12:9 says:
My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.
- I don't think anyone could love me. - but Jeremiah 31:3 says: I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love.With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself. And 1 John 3:1 says: See how very much our Father loves us, for he calls us his children, and that is what we are.
- I should never have been born. - but Jeremiah1:5 says: I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.
- My future is hopeless. - but Jeremiah 29:11 says: For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
Ephesians 4:1 says - Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God.