Even though you want to follow God's plan for your life, you should still have goals. Personal goals are specific activities that you set. They are short term and measurable. Goals will help you reach your purpose.
How to define your goals:
- set a deadline for completion of a goal
- they shouldn't contradict the will of God
- they should help you achieve God's purpose for your life
- they should have meaning and importance
- they are not dependent on others
- they will benefit others
- they need to be in harmony with the Will of God
- involve prayer in goal setting
- they are attainable
- they are realistic
James 4:15 says: What you ought to say is, “If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that."
(from my notes on Purpose by June Hunt)
(Fish image is from ChristArt.com)