Tuesdays in Other Words Meme
Much of our difficulty as seeking Christians stems from our unwillingness to take God as He is and adjust our lives accordingly. We insist upon trying to modify Him and bring Him nearer to our own image.
~ A. W. Tozer ~
I am a "seeking Christian" woman desiring to grow closer to the Lord. However, I struggle with "taking God as He is". Though I tell Him daily that I want to do His will, I still resist totally surrendering my will and trusting Him wholeheartedly.
The reason that I want to hold on to some of that control is because my faith has not been perfected yet. I'm still working on having the kind of faith that is explained in Hebrews 11:1 - Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.
I have my days (like today) where I wonder if things will really get better. I have ideas about how God may use me in the future. But, will my life improve to the point where these things can become a possibility?
The enemy would want me to believe:
- Too much time has gone by, things aren't going to get any better.
- God was going to use me, but I blew it and missed my opportunity.
- By the time I am able to serve God in that way, it will be too hard physically and emotionally for me to do it. Just let another Christian do it.
- I've already tried hard enough and I am exhausted emotionally. Just let it go and do something easier.
- Our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! 1 Corinthians 4:17
- God is always at work for the good of everyone who loves him. They are the ones God has chosen for His purpose. Romans 8:28
- I will bless you with a future filled with hope--a future of success, not of suffering. Jeremiah 29:11
Read more posts about this quote at Deborah's blog - Chocolate and Coffee