Unplanned pregnancies can be very inconvenient and stressful.
There are different reasons why a baby may be unwanted:
- a premarital pregnancy
- an extra-marital pregnancy
- a crisis pregnancy - financial stress, health problems for the mother or baby, rape and incest
- an inconvenient pregnancy - due to the woman's age, college plans, career, marriage, family size
Maybe you know a woman who had an unplanned pregnancy.
I've known of a few women in this situation:
- A young woman who was raped during her college years. She kept the baby and that baby was a special blessing and helped her to heal.
- A woman who was told that she had to have an operation and the baby wouldn't survive. If she didn't have the operation, she would die. Well, she kept her baby and had the operation after she gave birth. Both the mother and child are just fine today.
- A woman who had no health insurance or way of taking care of a baby financially. But, she found community and government resources that were available and God provided for her and the baby.
- An unmarried Christian woman became pregnant and was worried about what her family would think. Her parents ended up inviting her to live with them and they helped her take care of the baby.
- Unplanned Pregnancy Website
- Your Local Pregnancy Care Centers (they offer free services, counseling, pregnancy tests, and Ultrasounds
- Book: I'm Pregnant...Now What?
- Unplanned Pregnancy Resources by Hope for the Heart
- Baby Center Site - The Everything Site about Pregnancy and Babies