About 5 minutes ago, I was sitting in front of the monitor with my head propped in my hands. My 12-year-old daughter came by and said, "What's wrong Mom? Can't you figure out what to write about?" I explained to her that I needed to write about how God had been showing Himself to me lately. I told her that I knew He had been working in my life, but I just couldn't see it. Lately, I've been concentrating on my discomforts - sick with colds and missing my husband who is still away at work.
She said to me:
- Well, it's a good thing Dad is just working in a nearby town for a few weeks. Some wives have husbands who are off serving in Iraq and are gone for a long time.
- And it's a good thing you just had 2 colds. You could have had pneumonia.
- I get to eat protein foods and meat every day. Many people eat only grains and vegetables.
- I have clean running water - in the house. I don't have to walk miles to get dirty water.
- I was raised in a Christian family. My parents taught me about the salvation of Jesus.
- I have heaters, blankets, and winter clothing if I need to warm up more. I won't freeze.
- I have an endless supply of free Christian teachings, encouragement, music, and Bibles through the - Internet, radio, churches, and even the library. I don't live in a place where these items are scarce, limited, or non-existent.
- If I come into really tough times financially, there are programs and resources available to help us out. We won't die of starvation like some families do.
- I have complete freedom to live publicly as a Christian. I will not be persecuted for my Christian faith.