A New Woman

The Sunday Scribblings prompt for this week is "New".

This year, I want to be a new woman with a new attitude. I want those I know to say: "Hey. Is there something different about you?"
  • Away with the bitterness. It only hurts me when I hang on to the hurt, feeling too wounded to forgive.
  • Away with the impatience. God sure has been patient with me. He waited 17 years for me to get back to church.
  • Away with fear and worry. I've finally realized that it really doesn't make my circumstances better.
  • Away with competitiveness. Jesus wants us to work together and encourage each other.
  • Away with laziness. I only have so much time on this earth.
  • Away with unhealthy eating habits. I want that physical energy back, that I had 7 years ago.
  • Away with being unappreciative. God gives me blessings every day, things I don't deserve and haven't earned.
  • Away with hoping in my plans. They've been known to change for the better. Thank you, Jesus.



14 comments:

Joyce said...

Hey Shari,
Thanks so much for stopping and visiting my blog! So glad to hear from you. I checked your's out as well and LOVED to see that you have an interest in "Missions" too!!! I am going to read your postings in the morning (I'm heading to bed after this Orange Bowl game which is nearly over) and see what all good things you have going on...it all looks interesting and I want to be able to take it in better.
But I'm too tried to read it all right now.
Be BLESSED,
Joyce M.

Anonymous said...

Thank yo for stopping by my blog, too! I really appreciated the grocery saving tips -- you know, I never thought about using 3/4 pound of burger....duh! What a great idea! I have noticed that many of our grocery stores now package hamburger in 1.25 or 1.30 pounds instead of simply 1# packages. Tricky. I will use your suggestions! Thanks so much!

Julie

Sherry said...

I think a new attitude, a new look at self, at life is always refreshing and invigorating. It keeps us challenged and stretched...I wish you great success in achieving your goals this year!

Devil Mood said...

Wow, you are certainly determined and clear about your goals. I definitely admire that!

I hope you keep these in mind because they will probably make for a very happy year. May it be a great 2008!

I so love your background. Wonderful colours! Reminds me of my toys when I was little. Bright!

thorns said...

I think it takes a very strong person to analyze themselves and be able to work towards a positive change. It's definitely a very scary thing and I don't think most people feel they can abandon negativity like that. I admire you.

Tumblewords: said...

Rewarding goals! No doubt in my mind that you'll have an uplifting 2008!

Forgetfulone said...

You are so right about God giving us blessings we don't deserve or haven't earned. Thanks for the reminder. Good goals!

Anonymous said...

Nice way of putting across your new resolution. May your goals come true.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to SS! Much peace to you..

Unknown said...

Wonderful and ambitious....I liked the use of "Away" it really made it very powerful.
This is my first ever submission for SS...
http://wannabeawritersomeday.blogspot.com/2008/01/sunday-scribbles-edition-1.html

Anonymous said...

This is a great entry! Good luck on your becoming a new woman!

myrtle beached whale said...

Good luck with your renewal.

Anonymous said...

These are all good disciplines to have for the New Year. I hope that God will honor your desires.

little wing writer said...

may your blessings be overflowing...